Join Paul Trani for an in-depth discussion in this video Fundamentals of HTML, part of Creating a First Website in Dreamweaver CC 2015.
- View Offline
- I'd now like to talk about the Fundamentals of HTML,…your foundation of the web.…And really, what is HTML?…It's hypertext markup language,…that's what it stands for.…It's really just a language for describing webpages,…and just consists of plain text that you can actually…read pretty easily.…In fact, right here we have text,…you can see that it says "title",…and this text is just surrounded by markup tags…in angle brackets. Okay?…So, this is the HTML,…and within that tag…you're gonna have some text.…
And this basically tells the web browser that…the title of the webpage is "My Web Page".…Now that was just a simple example, and there's lots…of common HTML tags that you might have seen.…There's title, there's h1 through h6,…which stands for headings.…We have paragraph text, we have href which is just…a link so it's gonna give it that underline by default,…and if you wanna insert an image we have img src,…so these tags have been around for quite a while,…and we can go on from there and talk about HTML 5 tags.…
Couple years old now, but in general, it's really clean…
Over the course of the training, you'll learn about building basic webpages; adding text, links, images, and navigation; and making your layout "flexible" on mobile devices. Each step provides another lesson on HTML and CSS, the building blocks of the web. Along the way, Paul shows how to add bonus features, such as animation from Edge Animate, a Twitter feed, and an interactive contact form.
- Planning a website
- Creating your first webpage
- Adding HTML5 content
- Styling content and the layout with CSS
- Adding images
- Creating navigation
- Building alternate layouts for tablets and mobile devices
- Adding animation and video
- Creating a contact form
- Uploading and testing the website