Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Following links, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…Live view is great for checking the page or working on it in Dreamweaver…to make sure that your CSS and other aspects are just the way you…want them but wouldn't it be great if you could verify that links to…other pages in your site or even away from your site work as well.…Well you actually can, by working with the follow links feature.…Something that you'll find is absolutely critical…when designing and working with a WordPress site.…Let me show you how it works.…So I have the index.php file from my blog folder open.…
And, let's go into Live View. And that will open up a blog page.…And you can see there are some links over on the left here that I can click on that…change color. But, if I click on them, nothing happens.…Well, that's not quite true. If I open up the CSS designer panel, and…then click on link.…You can see that, that updates, which will allow me to inspect those styles.…Now however, let's say I wanted to see how this linked page that…I just clicked on, sample page, looks in comparison to the home page.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.