Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding and replacing more selectively, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] The dedicated Find and Replace panel…in Dreamweaver CC 2017.1…offers a great deal of flexibility and control.…It's capable of searching the entire current site,…a selected folder, or individual files.…And you don't even need to have any files open to use it.…Just go to the Find menu…and select Find and Replace in Files.…There's also a keyboard shortcut.…Control + Shift + F on Windows,…or Command + Shift + F on a Mac.…If you used an older version of Dreamweaver,…you'll soon come to recognize this…as the original Find and Replace panel…that disappeared from Dreamweaver CC 2017.…
It's made a welcome comeback in CC 2017.1,…but with a modernized interface.…It now has two tabs: Basic and Advanced.…We'll look at the Advanced tab in the next video.…The Basic tab has fields for Find and for Replace.…And there are two dropdown menus between the two fields…that determine the scope of the search.…The first time you open this panel,…the first dropdown menu defaults to…Entire Current Local Site.…But Dreamweaver remembers previous settings,…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.
Q: This course was updated on 12/20/2018. What changed?
Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaverwith Sue Jenkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Code View Improvements
2. Real-Time Preview
3. CSS Preprocessor Integration
4. Find and Replace
5. PHP Support
PHP code hints5m 59s
6. Other Changes
Dreamweaver CC 2018 MAX Release
Overview of new features2m 43s
8. Bootstrap 4 Integration
9. Dreamweaver CC 2019 MAX Release
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.