Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding and replacing more selectively, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] The dedicated Find and Replace panel…in Dreamweaver CC 2017.1…offers a great deal of flexibility and control.…It's capable of searching the entire current site,…a selected folder, or individual files.…And you don't even need to have any files open to use it.…Just go to the Find menu…and select Find and Replace in Files.…There's also a keyboard shortcut,…ctrl + shift + f on Windows, or cmd + shift + f on a Mac.…If you used an older version of Dreamweaver…you'll soon come to recognize this…as the original Find and Replace panel that disappeared…from Dreamweaver CC 2017.…
It's made a welcome comeback in CC 2017.1,…but with a modernized interface.…It now has two tabs, Basic and Advanced.…We'll look at the Advanced tab in the next video.…The Basic tab has fields for find and for replace…and there are two drop down menus between the two fields…that determine the scope of the search.…The first time you open this panel…the first drop down menu defaults…to Entire Current Local Site,…but Dreamweaver remembers previous settings,…
David Powers begins with find and replace, showing how to work with the streamlined Find and Replace bar, which now works only within the current document and is designed for quick find and replace operations. He also shows how to use find and replace in multiple documents, including advanced operations on a specific tag, as well as finding and selecting multiple elements in Code view. Next, he covers PHP support, explaining that Dreamweaver now supports PHP 7.1, and showing how to set the default version of PHP in Preferences, as well as how to set the version of PHP for an individual site. He wraps up by discussing a few smaller enhancements.
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel