Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing the Dreamweaver CC site, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…To make sure your WordPress Dreamweaver workflow is smooth, you'll need…to set up your Dreamweaver site with the appropriate testing server.…Dreamweaver's new site set up dialogue box makes it very straightforward.…So there are a couple of ways you can open the site set up dialogue box.…You can either go to the site menu up here and choose New Site.…Or if you have the Welcome…screen open, as I do, just choose…Dreamweaver's site under the Create New column.…
Now, if we were just setting up a standard HTML site, all we…would need to do is to enter the two values on this initial screen.…I'm going to do a bit more, but let's start by naming our site.…I'm going to call this Lew Academy. Now, of course, this is just a name that…appears within Dreamweaver, so you do want to…name it something that's easy to recognize.…And now we're going to choose our local site folder.…I'll click on the folder icon, and then browse over to my site root.…
And once I get to that site root,…I'll choose Roux Academy, and then click Choose.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.