Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Error checking with the Validator tool, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] One of the smartest things…web designers do as part of their work flow…is to check their code for errors…before publishing a site on the web.…This includes verifying that all the site's links…are functional, the HTML is optimized for accessibility,…the code shows no visible errors,…and the entire site is validated…for web standards compliancy…prior to site launch or live updates.…The Dreamweaver tools I'm about to show you…won't identify every single issue in your code,…such as missing target attributes,…using improper tag nesting,…or forgetting to encode special characters,…but they do offer a lot towards assisting you…with making sure your files are coded correctly.…
The first tool I'd like to show you…is the W3C service for validation,…which checks your code for tag and syntax errors…against current web standards recommended…by the World Wide Web Consortium, or W3C.…To run the validator, you'll select…Window, Results, Validation.…When the dialog box opens, you'll click…that little play button and choose Validate Current.…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.