Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Enabling site-specific code hinting, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…As noted throughout the course, WordPress is at its heart a PHP application.…More importantly it is a highly evolved PHP application…with hundreds of its own functions and methods built-in.…Dreamweaver includes a feature that can open the door to…this WordPress specific code which makes it very straightforward to apply.…Let me show you how to put this to work.…So now I've opened the index.php file for my basic WordPress…set of files and I've discovered all the…dynamically related files showing now in code view.…
Let's say I want to add a bit of PHP code to my sidebar.php file?…First, I'll use my custom filter to isolate that file.…So open up custom filter and then type in sidebar.php.…Hit return.…There's my sidebar.php entry. I switch over to that.…Now I'm going to start to enter some code here near the top of…the page, right under my div with the id of secondary on line ten.…
I'll start with the PHP code block.…And as I start to type, you see the standard code hints start to come up.…Now to invoke code hints if they are not appearing, press control space bar.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.