Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Employing Live Code, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…Once you start working with dynamic applications…like WordPress, you quickly realize that the…HTML in your source code is only the starting point for what the user sees.…DreamWeaver's live code feature allows you to explore the server process…code so you can debug your pages with the final output.…To illustrate this, let's take a look at our index.php file one more time.…Let's enter into live…view, and now from live view, let's open up split view.…
Now the design view side of the screen renders fine, but the code…view doesn't really change, and it's just as minimal for index.php as before.…However if I go into live code, I'll get the entire page all the…way from the initial doc type HTML all the way down to the closing…HTML tag.…Now you'll notice of course that the live code representation has…a deep yellow background and that indicates the page is not editable.…So you can't make any changes when you're in live code, just like you can't really…make any changes in live view, but you can get an awful lot of information from it.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.