Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing the links, part of Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrap.
- We're ready to start editing the links in the navbar.…This requires considerable care because most of the work…needs to be done directly in the HTML in Code view.…Although you can edit in Live view,…I don't recommend doing so.…It can be quite difficult and it can lead to problems.…So let's create the Home link for our site.…So we need to go to the first Link here in the navbar.…Select that,…and this a indicates that the link…has been correctly selected.…
If we look down in the Property Inspector,…we can see that it's just a placeholder Link.…There's just # in there.…Now, instead of trying to edit the Link…in Edit mode in Live view,…what I want to do is to click this Browse for File icon…in the Property Inspector,…click Site Root to make sure we're in the correct Site Root,…and then select index, and click OK,…and that's made the Link index.html.…To show you why I've done it that way,…I'm now going to open Split view…and here we are on line 29,…there is that Link.…
The cursor is in the middle of the Link text,…so I'll just double click that,…
- Defining a custom Bootstrap layout grid
- Inserting and modifying a navigation bar
- Adding a container for a hero image
- Working with columns inside a Bootstrap container
- Creating placeholder content with Emmet
- Speeding up layout by duplicating columns
- Moving page elements in the DOM
- Previewing the mobile webpage with Device Preview
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Creating the Site Navigation
3. Adding a Hero Image
Inserting the hero image6m 37s
4. Working with Columns
5. Using Device Preview
What next?2m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.