Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Edit with multiple cursors, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Narrator] Dreameaver is now capable of using…multiple cursors and multiple selections.…Instead of typing the same code over and over again,…you can make identical changes to different parts…of a file in a single operation.…To demonstrate how they work, I've opened "begin.html"…in the exercise files for this video.…If you don't have access to the exercise files,…use one of Dreamweaver's starter templates.…This unordered list that begins on line 14,…is meant to be a navigation menu,…but it doesn't have any links.…
We can edit all six list items…in a single operation using multiple cursors.…I'm going to click just to the right of the 'li' tag…in the second list item and then, to extend the cursor…up or down, hold down the shift and alt keys…on Windows, or the shift and option keys on a Mac.…And press the up arrow to select the previous line…and the down arrow to select subsequent lines.…And notice that even though I press…the down arrow after the up arrow,…the cursor still extends up to the first list item.…
I can now start typing…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.
Q: This course was updated on 12/20/2018. What changed?
Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaverwith Sue Jenkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Code View Improvements
2. Real-Time Preview
3. CSS Preprocessor Integration
4. Find and Replace
5. PHP Support
PHP code hints5m 59s
6. Other Changes
Dreamweaver CC 2018 MAX Release
Overview of new features2m 43s
8. Bootstrap 4 Integration
9. Dreamweaver CC 2019 MAX Release
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.