Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Edit with multiple cursors, part of Dreamweaver CC 2017 New Features.
- [Instructor] Dreamweaver is now capable…of using multiple cursors and multiple selections.…Instead of typing the same code over and over again,…you can make identical changes to different parts of a file…in a single operation.…To demonstrate how they work,…I've opened begin.html in the exercise files for this video.…If you don't have access to the exercise files,…use one of Dreamweaver's starter templates.…This unordered list that begins on line 14…is meant to be a navigation menu,…but it doesn't have any links.…
We can edit all six list items in a single operation…using multiple cursors.…I'm going to click just to the right of the li tag…in the second list item…and then to extend the cursor up or down,…hold down the shift and alt keys on Windows,…or the shift and option keys on a Mac…and press the up arrow to select the previous line…and the down arrow to select subsequent lines.…And notice that even though I pressed the down arrow…after the up arrow, the cursor still extends…up to the first list item.…
I can now start typing…
Stay tuned for new tutorials and Dreamweaver tips. We'll update the course every time Adobe releases changes in 2017.
- Exploring the Start screen and reorganized workspaces
- Working with the improved Code View
- Getting real-time previews of your designs
- Styling content with SCSS and Bourbon