Dreamweaver CS6 and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts
WordPress 3.8 offers powerful content management for your website; Dreamweaver CS6 enables easy design and coding. Together, they are a potent combination. In this course, you'll explore how to integrate WordPress into a Dreamweaver site, allowing you to edit and expand your code with Dreamweaver's native tools. Author Joseph Lowery shows how to take WordPress themes to the next level, using CSS customization and Spry widgets. He also covers how to make your pages responsive to tablet and phone layouts, and develop category-driven layouts. Finally, you'll investigate how to extend WordPress with plugins, style them with Dreamweaver, and get your finished website online using Dreamweaver's publishing and testing tools.
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CS6 site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating Spry functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
- [Voiceover] Joe Lowery here. Welcome to Dreamweaver CS6 and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts. In this course I'll demonstrate how to set up WordPress locally and integrate it into a Dreamweaver site for more efficient development. I'll show you how to capitalize on the CMS related features in Dreamweaver, as well as the basics of working in WordPress. We'll cover how to convert a WordPress theme into a custom Dreamweaver designed layout. Then, we'll dive deeper into the Dreamweaver WordPress workflow and create responsive pages for tablets and phone layouts.
You'll also to see how to work with WordPress categories to display specific page layouts and how to incorporate Dreamweaver CS6 built in Spry tools directly into your WordPress site. Finally, I'll cover how to publish your Dreamweaver work online. I hope you are as jazzed as I am to start exploring the awesome potential between WordPress and Dreamweaver CS6. Let's do it.
Responsive Media56,987 Views
After Effects Guru: Integrating Type into Video58,273 Views
CorelDRAW X4 Essential Training222,714 Views
Motion 2 Essential Training195,178 Views
Podcasting with GarageBand 3148,852 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
HTML Essential Training3,250,120 Views