Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Documenting your app's appearance, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
If you're building an app for a client one of the hardest things to do is…to show your progress.…It's pretty unlikely that a business owner is going to have an Android or iOS…Emulator available, much less the knowledge to use it.…One of Device Central's coolest features is the ability to document your app…both in still photos and video.…Let me show you how it works.…So we will take our file here and then open up the Preview/Debug in browser…option and choose Preview in Device Central, and this will open it up in the…last device shown, which happens to be the Samsung Galaxy S II device.…
Now you can take your pictures or as Device Central calls them snapshots, in…this mode or you can move into a Presentation Mode.…So I am going to choose View, Presentation Mode and let's take a couple of snapshots.…First I will take one of the entire device by going to Test > Take Snapshot.…Now I can also click on the Camera icon that you see down in the lower right.…So I don't have to go to the menus or I can use the keyboard shortcut Command+R.…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 4 Web Applications with HTML5 and CSS3with Ray Villalobos3h 26m Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.