Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing category-driven pages, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…In separate previous lessons we covered WordPress pages and categories.…In this lesson I'll show you how much more…you can do with them when you combine their power.…Though the first step is going to be to create a page for our specific category.…And the easiest way to handle that chore is to…duplicate the index.php page that's already found in our Roux…theme folder, which I can easily do in Dreamweaver's File panel.…So I have that open, but let me expand it all the way.…
And here's my Roux theme folder And here's…index.php so I'm just going to press Cmd+D to duplicate that and then…once that's copied I'll click in once to rename it…and we're going to do a page to hold our conference information.…So, I'm renaming this conference.…And once I have it renamed, I'll double-click it to open it.…Now let's go all the way into code view here.…And we'll add some content specific to this page, as well as code,…so that only posts in a particular category are displayed on this page.…
So here I have Roux Academy blog.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.