Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Default to static browser preview, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] Since Dreamweaver CC 2017 the default method…of testing the current page in a browser has been real-time…preview, but not everyone likes real-time preview.…So Dreamweaver CC 2019 offers you the choice of making a…static preview the default instead.…Let's see how the two differ.…Real-time preview is accessed by clicking this icon at…the bottom right of the document window in the status bar.…It launches this panel where you can choose the browser…you want to view your page in.…
Alternatively you can use the keyboard shortcuts for the…primary and secondary browsers.…On Windows they're F12 and Control + F12, respectively.…If you're on a Mac they're Option + F12 and Command + F12.…You can also scan this QR code at the bottom on multiple…mobile devices to view your page on them, too.…I'm going to view this in my main browser,…which is Google Chrome.…The really cool thing about real-time preview is the way…that it reflects changes to your page in real-time.…
So if I edit this line here,…make that 50 great years,…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.
Q: This course was updated on 12/20/2018. What changed?
Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaverwith Sue Jenkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Code View Improvements
2. Real-Time Preview
3. CSS Preprocessor Integration
4. Find and Replace
5. PHP Support
PHP code hints5m 59s
6. Other Changes
Dreamweaver CC 2018 MAX Release
Overview of new features2m 43s
8. Bootstrap 4 Integration
9. Dreamweaver CC 2019 MAX Release
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.