Join James Williamson for an in-depth discussion in this video DOM element hinting, part of Dreamweaver CS5.5 New Features.
- Creating new HTML5 documents
- Using code hinting for CSS3, HTML5, DOM elements, and jQuery
- Configuring jQuery widgets with the Widget Browser
- Managing media queries
- Previewing web pages on multiple devices with the Multiscreen Preview panel
- Configuring mobile application frameworks
- Building and emulating mobile applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course teaches us how to create mobile app in the "Mobile App Support" chapter and the app works great. But when we try to upload to android market, it says that the Android Market can't upload a debug/release version. What's wrong with the app?
A: As mentioned in the movie, the Dreamweaver emulator support does not create deliverable apps. It is designed to act as an IDE and debugging environment only. From there it is up to the developer to package and distribute apps to the various app stores.
Take a look at https://build.phonegap.com/. It's an early service dedicated to creating deliverable binaries for multiple platforms. Since it's PhoneGap, it's also the same framework used within Dreamweaver, so Dreamweaver based apps should port right over.