Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the sidebar, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…Let's continue our conversion of the default…theme by working in the sidebar area.…Now almost all WordPress themes use sidebars, either…on the left or the right or sometimes both.…In a previous lesson, Changing the Main Content, we…moved the sidebar that was on the left side…of the custom theme to the right side for…our child theme, Roux, as called for by our comp.…So in this lesson,…we're going to clean up the content of the sidebar, as well as some of its styling.…
First, let's tackle the content, which is comprised of a series of widgets.…You can think of a widget as a canned bit of coding that…outputs a targeted slice of content, often a series of inks in a list.…In our blog comp, we see four such…widgets: search, hot links, which is a linked list…of a number of custom pages, archive,…a monthly collection of posts and finally, categories.…Now, when we look at the current state of our index.php page, we can see there are…a good number of unwanted widgets such as, meta and recent comments.…
To remove them, you'll need to go to the WordPress admin area.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.