Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the Dashboard, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…While the WordPress administration implementation is sophisticated…and powerful, it's not carved in stone.…In this lesson, I'll show you how to remove unwanted features, add…new content and even customise the login screen with your client's brand.…Let's start by reducing the clutter that we see here on the Dashboard.…Now, if you just want to personalize the Dashboard…for your own use, click the Screen Options…tab over on the top right.…This will allow you to toggle existing sections on and off.…
For example let's bring the Welcome box back.…Now, you could either dismiss this here or just toggle it off again here.…Customizing your Dashboard via the screen options is just a per user experience.…However, with a little extra work, you could…also control the look and feel of the Dashboard for your clients.…So let me close down the screen options here.…The dashboard overall, is comprised of a series of widgets.…Some, more hm, informative than others.…
And some more, definitely, more pertinent than others for the standard client.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.