Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize the navigation menu, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Teacher] Here's our page so far in a browser.…Now that we have the structure…of our webpage carved out in HTML,…we can start to build our design…from the top down, starting with the logo…and navigation bar.…All of this work will be done in…Dreamweaver Design View rather than live view.…To switch to design view,…select the drop down menu at the top…of the screen and choose design.…To replace the text in the first…row with the logo graphic,…we'll triple click on the text…and delete it which leaves our…cursor in that space.…
Then we'll select the logo by choosing…Insert, Image.…Navigate to the correct exercise folder…Images folder, and choose the file called…topsyturvylogo.png.…Click OK to insert.…To make the logo a clickable link…that takes visitors back to the website's home page,…we'll to enter the site's URL…into the link field on the Properties Inspector.…If your Properties Inspector is not visible,…you can access it through the Window menu, Properties.…It'll often come up as a floating panel…which can then be docked to the bottom…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.