Join Paul Trani for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating your first webpage, part of Creating a First Website in Dreamweaver CC 2015.
- View Offline
- Now the first thing that's gonna happen…when you launch Dreamweaver,…is you're gonna be given this Welcome screen,…which is great for learning.…You're gonna have access to different tutorials…and new features, you get the idea,…and I'm just going to close that.…Quite frankly, you can always get back to it…right here under the Help menu,…and in fact, I just wanna get us familiar…with the interface to begin with.…Now, notice there's quite a few panels…over here, off to the right side.…Files, Insert, CSS Designer,…Snippets, Assets, all sorts of panels.…
And honestly, I don't need all of these right away.…While I can pull out, say for instance,…any panel that I want, like this Assets panel,…not gonna need that right away,…and I can close it, okay.…Same thing for Snippets,…pulling that out, well,…I'm not into Snippets yet,…I can close that,…and notice how I can always access that…through the Window menu right here, okay.…But I do know I need the Files,…the Insert, and the CSS Designer panel.…Very powerful, those three,…
Over the course of the training, you'll learn about building basic webpages; adding text, links, images, and navigation; and making your layout "flexible" on mobile devices. Each step provides another lesson on HTML and CSS, the building blocks of the web. Along the way, Paul shows how to add bonus features, such as animation from Edge Animate, a Twitter feed, and an interactive contact form.
- Planning a website
- Creating your first webpage
- Adding HTML5 content
- Styling content and the layout with CSS
- Adding images
- Creating navigation
- Building alternate layouts for tablets and mobile devices
- Adding animation and video
- Creating a contact form
- Uploading and testing the website