Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating styles with Scss and Bourbon, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…I defined the settings for Sass…and installed Bourbon in the site…based on the chapter four folder.…Let's just collapse bourbon…in the files panel and scroll up.…The css folder, at the moment, is empty,…so when I open index.html, it's completely unstyled.…It's looking for main.css,…but that file has not yet been compiled.…I don't intend to go into the details…of defining styles with Less or Sass.…There are several excellent courses in the library…where you can learn more.…
I'm going to focus on the workflow in Dreamweaver.…I've modularized most of my style definitions…in the scss, partials subfolder.…If I just expand that, you can see that each file name…begins with an underscore.…Prefixing the file name with an underscore…prevents Sass from generating a separate output file…for each of these source files.…So, in _attractions.scss, I've got specific styles…for _attractions.html.…_base.scss contains common styles.…
I've also got a file here called _variables.scss.…If we just open that, it defines several variables…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.