Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating preview images from anchor links, part of Create an Interactive Photo Gallery with jQuery and Dreamweaver.
- View Offline
Now, the preview photo area over on the right-hand side is going to be anchor links.…We are going to have just anchor links in that right side. We are going to set…the background image to be the preview JPEG, but we are going to put that in…through an inline style.…So, I am going to start by getting rid of the img text over here in the image…preview, and then we are going to create CCS rules in order to style these.…Let's come over and create a new CSS rule, Compound selection, choose Less Specific.…
We are going to do gallery_preview, space a, any anchor links inside of there. Let's choose OK.…Box properties: 375 x 375.…We are going to say 0 margin and padding.…We are going to come over to the Block settings.…Since we are going to be putting anchor links in here, those have a display type of inline.…Let's change that to block.…
And lastly, let's come over to the Border.…We are going to select a solid, 1-pixel, medium gray border.…Then we are going to click OK.…We'll create one more, .gallery_ preview a:hover.…
Download a copy of the finished web site here.
- Preparing gallery photos using Adobe Bridge
- Adding and linking thumbnail images
- Creating the layout in HTML and CSS
- Downloading and adding jQuery to the project
- Creating preview images from anchor links
- Implementing the preload functionality
- Building a customized lightbox with the Fancybox plug-in
- Styling the zoom and contact links