Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a dropdown menu, part of Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrap.
- We've started editing the navigation bar.…Let's take a look now at working with dropdown menus…in a Bootstrap nav bar.…First we need to expand to the full width,…so double click in the gray area of the document window,…and here is a dropdown.…If we click that, the dummy text is displayed in there.…There's the dropdown menu.…Normally if you double click text in live view,…you enter Edit mode.…But try that here, and all you will get is…the dropdown menu Close.…
There's absolutely no way that you can enter…Edit mode with a dropdown menu…in a Bootstrap nav bar,…at least at the moment in Dreamweaver.…So what we need to do is to select that dropdown link again…and then we can see here that we're inside a list item,…and the actual dropdown menu is a nested, unordered list.…So let's change the trigger link.…Change that from dropdown to…Place to See,…and then we can make changes to the values here…in the nested list.…
We'll see Yosemite Valley…and the rest of the world will also be with us there,…always crowded.…And then we'll have Half Dome.…
- Defining a custom Bootstrap layout grid
- Inserting and modifying a navigation bar
- Adding a container for a hero image
- Working with columns inside a Bootstrap container
- Creating placeholder content with Emmet
- Speeding up layout by duplicating columns
- Moving page elements in the DOM
- Previewing the mobile webpage with Device Preview
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Creating the Site Navigation
3. Adding a Hero Image
Inserting the hero image6m 37s
4. Working with Columns
5. Using Device Preview
What next?2m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.