Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating custom select menus, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
As noted in the Using Standard Select Menus video found earlier in this chapter,…JQuery Mobile allows you to use two different types of Select menus;…Standard and Custom.…In this video, we are going to take a look at how you code the custom Select…menu and what benefits it brings.…Here is an example.…If I go and click on Select your trail here, you'll see an entirely new page…opens up with all of the list items.…Now, jQuery varies the display depending on the number of items in your Select menu.…
If you have just a few items, a smaller pop-up appears.…If there are too many items to fit into the pop-up, an entirely new page like…this one is displayed.…So I can go ahead and make a choice.…Let's say I want to choose Clouds Rest and Clouds Rest is now displayed as my…selection for the trail.…Let's take a look at how you implement that in the code.…I have on the screen the report.html file from Chapter 6 > 06_06 subfolder, and…as you can see, I already have a Select menu on the screen.…
This was placed in the previous video.…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 4 Web Applications with HTML5 and CSS3with Ray Villalobos3h 26m Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.