Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating collapsible content, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
Screen real-estate on today's smart phone is definitely at a premium, so…anything you can do to maximize that area is welcome.…jQuery Mobile includes support for collapsible content which can be exposed or…hidden with a single tap.…Even better, jQuery Mobile's collapsible content can easily be converted to…accordion panel like functionality, like the example I have here.…So we see when people first come to the Top Trails page, they'll see the first…of the Top Trails open, and the content easily readable.…
Now, if they click on another entry like Half Dome, the open content area closes…and Half Dome opens up, functioning just like accordion panels.…This is really pretty easy to implement and only takes a few divs and attributes.…Let's take a look at how it's done.…So I am going to switch over to index. html which is found in the Chapter 5…folder, and here you see the Top Trails page, the code starts around line 35.…
And the first thing we want to do is select the content starting with the <h3…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 4 Web Applications with HTML5 and CSS3with Ray Villalobos3h 26m Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.