Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUB
Join author Anne-Marie Concepción, as she shows how to create fixed-width EPUBs to sell in the iBookstore. The course explores the fixed-layout EPUB format and files, providing a quick-start EPUB template to download, examine, and use to build simple fixed-layout files right away. The course explains how to get content from PDFs and InDesign files into an EPUB, demonstrates editing for fixed-layout settings, and covers modifying CSS to position content and proofing an EPUB on the iPad.
- Comparing fixed-layout and flowing EPUBs
- Replacing placeholders in the fixed-layout template
- Extracting content from PDFs with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Reader
- Using free scripts to streamline fixed-layout production
- Extracting text and its formatting from InDesign layouts
- Exporting InDesign layouts to single-page HTML files
- Adding viewport and orientation instructions
- Embedding your own fonts
- Creating faux text wraps around background images
- Validating the EPUB
Hi! I am Anne-Marie Concepcion and welcome to Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUB. In this course, I am going to show you how to create these cool kind of EPUBs that iBooks will show as though it were a PDF, but you can sell them through the iBookstore. We will start by looking at some of the special features of Fixed-Layout EPUBs, and we will talk about how to get the content into an EPUB. I will show you how you can extract images from your PDFs; we will jump right into editing all these HTML files and image files using Dreamweaver and other EPUB editing programs.
And I'll show you how to do things that everybody asks me about all the time, like how do you embed fonts in a Fixed -Layout EPUB? How can you make images span a two-page spread, and what's the fastest way that you can proof your EPUBs on your iPad? There's a lot to cover, but I try to make it as clear and simple as possible. So let's get started with Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUB.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUB .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: What's new in the 11/12/2013 course update?
- A: Since this title was first recorded, many commercial third-party solutions have come to the marketplace that help InDesign users convert their print layouts to the fixed-layout EPUB format. We added a video about one of these, Rorohiko's ePubCrawler, to the "Starting with InDesign" chapter.
- Q: This course was updated on 7/03/2014. What changed?
- A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,871,101 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediate526,337 Views
InDesign Secrets1,432,467 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views