Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUB
Join author Anne-Marie Concepción, as she shows how to create fixed-width EPUBs to sell in the iBookstore. The course explores the fixed-layout EPUB format and files, providing a quick-start EPUB template to download, examine, and use to build simple fixed-layout files right away. The course explains how to get content from PDFs and InDesign files into an EPUB, demonstrates editing for fixed-layout settings, and covers modifying CSS to position content and proofing an EPUB on the iPad.
- Comparing fixed-layout and flowing EPUBs
- Replacing placeholders in the fixed-layout template
- Extracting content from PDFs with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Reader
- Using free scripts to streamline fixed-layout production
- Extracting text and its formatting from InDesign layouts
- Exporting InDesign layouts to single-page HTML files
- Adding viewport and orientation instructions
- Embedding your own fonts
- Creating faux text wraps around background images
- Validating the EPUB
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Anne-Marie Concepcion. And welcome to Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUB. In this course, I'm going to show you how to create these cool kind of EPUBs that iBooks will show as though it were a PDF, but you can sell them through the iBooks store. We'll start by looking at some of the special features of fixed-layout EPUBs, and we'll talk about how to get content into an EPUB. I'll show you how you can extract images from your PDFs. We'll jump right in to editing all these HTML files and image files using Dreamweaver and other EPUB-editing programs.
And I'll show you how to do things that everybody asks me about all the time, like how do you embed fonts in a fixed-layout EPUB, how can you make images span a two-page spread, and what's the fastest way that you can proof your EPUBs on your iPad? There's a lot to cover, but I try to make it as clear and simple as possible. So let's get started with creating a fixed-layout EPUB.
InDesign CS5.5 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad256,288 Views
InDesign CS5 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad218,787 Views
Digital Publishing Fundamentals242,689 Views
InDesign CS6 to HTML61,432 Views
Creating Ebooks for the Kindle81,527 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,647 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training632,647 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,024,214 Views