- Understanding basic web principles
- Adding content to a web page
- Linking to web sites and email addresses
- Styling content with CSS
- Creating a layout that fits multiple browsers and devices
- Building an HTML5 layout
- Inserting images and video
- Adding a menu bar
- Creating a contact form
- Integrating a Twitter feed
- Uploading and testing a web site
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hello, my name is Paul Trani, and welcome to Creating a First Web Site with Dreamweaver CS6. I'm really excited to take you through how to create a website, but not just any website. This isn't a template or anything like that. You have full control to be able to create what you want, implement the content that you want, have it stylized using CSS any way you want, even using the latest in CSS and even the latest in HTML 5. Really exciting. Not only is it the latest, but you know what, it's really easy.
In fact, we're gonna be implementing lots of imagery as well as a gallery to include your portfolio if you wanted to, and even a contact form, enabling people to, of course, contact you and tell you how great your site is. I'm really excited to take you through this, so let's go ahead and get started with creating your first website in Dreamweaver CS6.
Q: Where do I learn more about how to make a website?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting how to make a website on lynda.com.