Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Create rows for page content, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] For this lesson…and all subsequent Dreamweaver lessons,…you can edit the Manage Site folder…through the Site Manage Sites dialog box.…Let me show you.…Choose Site, Manage Sites,…double-click on the name of the Topsy Turvy project,…then clicking the Local Site Folder folder icon…and switching out to the next exercise folder.…Clicking Save, OK, and Done…so that those exercise files appear in your Files panel.…You'll be using the Files panel to open…and close all of the files for each lesson.…
So starting with the index page open,…we'll see that the body is pretty much blank.…So the first thing we need to do…is build the structure of the webpage to match our mock-up.…Our design has a header, nav bar, image carousel,…three rows of content, and a footer.…That's essentially seven separate sections for content,…which we can build in Dreamweaver from top to bottom.…To add the header, we'll go into Code view.…Let me just open this up a little bit.…
And click your cursor in the blank row…between the opening and closing body tags,…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.