Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Create custom styles, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] Bootstrap's native css…includes a lot of different styles…to help you build standard responsive webpage elements…like nav bars, forms, buttons and carousels.…But it doesn't include everything you'll need…because every web design is unique.…Therefore, as part of the design process,…you'll need to create some custom styles…as you develop each webpage.…In this lesson,…we'll build our contact page…with a two column layout,…then add special css rules to format numbers in a list.…We'll also add a fun hoverclass…to style the social media icons down in the footer.…
To begin, you'll open the about.html file…and we're going to save this as contact…by selecting file, save as.…On this page, we don't need row one,…so we can delete it using the DOM panel.…And instead of selecting the row one,…we want the container fluid right above it.…Hitting delete on my keyboard.…We'll also delete the entire meet Audrey row…by selecting the container fluid…right above the div with the meet Audrey class.…
If you take a peek at the code view,…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.