Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Create custom CSS, part 2, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] Next up we'll create global styles…for heading one, two, and three.…To begin click the add selector button…on the css designer panel,…making sure first that the topsyturvy.css is selected.…We'll type in h1 for heading one,…we'll repeat for heading two,…and again for heading three.…Now we can return to the extract panel…to copy the actual css styles from…heading one and two in row one,…and heading three from row two.…
After pasting you may notice that…the open sans font isn't displaying properly,…and that's because the extractor…does not yet export the font name…with the proper syntax required by Google fonts.…To correct this, we'll do some…quick hand coding in the topsyturvy.css file.…Since we're already using open sans somewhere else…we can copy this entire line of css…from the other style here.…So selecting and copy, and then we'll go down…to the heading styles, and replace it here for heading two.…
Let's also make some edits to heading three…by changing the font size to 26,…adding a line height…of 30 pixels,…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.