Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Create custom CSS, part 1, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] In this lesson,…we'll get started creating the CSS styles we need…to make our page match our mock-up,…starting from the top down.…So we'll begin by selecting row1 in the DOM.…Let's scroll down here a little bit, click inside row1,…and we're going to select the div called .row .row1.…Now we'll switch over the CSS Designer panel.…Make sure All is selected.…Make sure the topsyturvy.css file is selected.…And then we'll click on the Add Selector button.…This should add a new selector…with the name container-fluid .row .row1.…
But we'll simplify it by hand-coding in the selector field,…just bringing it down to .row1, with that period before it.…For this style, we'll add a minimum height of 300 pixels,…with 50 pixels of padding on the top and bottom,…and 10 pixels of padding on the left and right.…
To get the background color, we'll go to our Extractor,…select that row, and choose Copy CSS.…Then back in the CSS Designer panel,…right-click on the selector name and choose Paste Styles.…Lastly, we'll change the text color to white.…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.