Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting to a mobile device, part of Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrap.
- A really cool feature in Dreamweaver CC 2015…is Device Preview which lets you preview…and inspect your webpages on multiple mobile devices.…To use Device Preview, both the computer…running Dreamweaver and your mobile devices…need to be connected to the internet…and to be on the same Wi-Fi network.…So, let's launch Device Preview.…You do that by clicking this little icon…at the bottom-right of the Document window.…There's the tool tip, Device Preview.…And when you click that,…sometimes it takes a little while to load up…but then you'll get a QR code like this…and a short URL.…
And if you've got a QR scanner…on your mobile device,…I have,…just scan that.…Might take a little while for it to come up.…And the first time that you do this,…you'll have to log into your Adobe Creative Cloud account,…the same one that you used to log into Dreamweaver.…I've already done that, so it's come up on my screen.…And, I can scroll through.…And that's looking pretty good on this little iPhone there.…Yeah, I'm quite happy with that.…
- Defining a custom Bootstrap layout grid
- Inserting and modifying a navigation bar
- Adding a container for a hero image
- Working with columns inside a Bootstrap container
- Creating placeholder content with Emmet
- Speeding up layout by duplicating columns
- Moving page elements in the DOM
- Previewing the mobile webpage with Device Preview
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Creating the Site Navigation
3. Adding a Hero Image
Inserting the hero image6m 37s
4. Working with Columns
5. Using Device Preview
What next?2m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.