Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Code for SEO and accessibility, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] One of the underlying goals for most websites…is to market and hopefully sell products, services,…or other offerings to the widest possible audience.…To do that well, the website code needs to be…both human and search engine friendly.…Here are a few suggestions to help with SEO…and accessibility.…With search engine optimization, or SEO for short,…the main goal is to make your content…as indexable as possible by search engines.…Google, for instance, looks at the structure of your HTML…to determine the relative importance…of content on your pages.…
Therefore, strive to do the following four things…to make your sites more SEO-friendly:…Use keyword-rich content.…For example, "I pride myself…"on using only high-quality, all-natural ingredients…"that taste delicious"…is much more compelling and informative…than "I use only fresh ingredients", right?…Take some time to go through every page on the website,…and check the copy for readability and descriptive text.…If needed, work in a few keywords…to make the content more meaningful, more interesting,…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.