Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing the state of the clicked dot, part of Create an Interactive Map with jQuery and Dreamweaver.
So let's hit a few returns. So again I am outside of the mapForm but inside of…the ('document').ready. Let's start by typing $('a.dot') as a string literal, so…for every time there is an anchor tag with a dot class, outside of the…parentheses we are going to type .click();.…Inside of the click we are going to type function(), beginning and ending bracket.…
Let's split that open. So every time somebody clicks on that dot, we want to…
Take a look at the finished web site here.
- Preparing web graphics
- Preparing the base container
- Manipulating links with CSS
- Adding a drop-down menu
- Downloading jQuery and adding interactivity to a project
- Creating city details
- Overriding click events of anchor tags with jQuery
- Enhancing the design with CSS3