Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing the preview when clicking thumbnails, part of Create an Interactive Photo Gallery with jQuery and Dreamweaver.
- View Offline
So, whichever anchor link we actually clicked on, we are going to pull into a…new variable called photo_caption the title attribute of that object. That's…going to give us our caption.…var photo_fullsize.…It's going to be equal Dollar sign this .attr, and in here we are going to put href,…the actual link destination of full size, because we took the thumbnail images…and actually linked them to the high-resolution full-size image.…
That's where that variable is going to set up.…Then lastly, photo_preview.…Now, photo_preview would never use the term preview.jpg. So right now in our…
Download a copy of the finished web site here.
- Preparing gallery photos using Adobe Bridge
- Adding and linking thumbnail images
- Creating the layout in HTML and CSS
- Downloading and adding jQuery to the project
- Creating preview images from anchor links
- Implementing the preload functionality
- Building a customized lightbox with the Fancybox plug-in
- Styling the zoom and contact links