Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing the main content, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…Now we're getting to the meat of it, literally the Main Content section.…>> This material is generated by the index.php…page that is stored in the Theme folder.…You want to make sure that the index.php page…that you see is coming from the Roux folder.…If not, I'll have to close index.php and then…re-open it so DreamWeaver can recognize the copied file.…Let's do a little comparison first to see where we are at with our blog com.…
I'll scroll back up to the top here.…Well, first thing I notice is that I've got a title,…Roux Academy Blog, that I do not have in my design.…This is just the first post that we see Video Production Project Online.…So we're going to need to pull that in, that bit of a static text.…So let's go back to index.php and…we're going to drill down into the theme's index.php.…I'll open up into Code view so we can take a look at how the code is structured.…As we look at the code, keep in mind…that the theme index.php page is really the centerpiece of…the entire WordPress site and it acts as an…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.