Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing information displayed in the Files panel, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] The final new feature that I've discovered…was actually present in the original release…of Dreamweaver CC 2017,…but it was so subtle I completely missed it.…But I think it's quite useful,…so I've decided to include it here.…One of the main aims of CC 2017…was to declutter the user interface.…So by default, the Files panel now lists only the names…of folders and files.…It no longer displays the size or type.…If you used a previous version of Dreamweaver,…you probably know that the only way to change…what's displayed in the Files panel…is through the site definition.…
Well, that used to be the case, but not anymore.…Just right-click alongside Local Files…at the top of the Files panel.…That brings up a context menu,…and you can choose what to display.…So if we want to display the size, just select that.…The size is displayed.…And then we select the type.…And that's also displayed.…Unfortunately, you can't change the order…of these columns by simply dragging them.…If you do want to change the order,…you do need to go to the Site Setup dialog box.…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.