Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing information displayed in the Files panel, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] The final new feature that I've discovered…was actually present in the original release…of Dreamweaver CC 2017, but it was…so subtle I completely missed it.…But I think it's quite useful,…so I've decided to include it here.…One of the main aims of CC 2017…was to declutter the user interface,…so by default the Files panel now lists…only the names of folders and files.…It no longer displays the size or type.…If you used the previous version of Dreamweaver,…you probably know that the only way to change…what's displayed in the Files panel…is through the Site Definition.…
Well that used to be the case, but not anymore.…Just right-click alongside Local Files…at the top of the Files panel.…That brings up a context menu…and you can choose what to display.…So if you want to display the size, just select that.…The size is displayed, and then we'll select the type…and that's also displayed.…Unfortunately, you can't change the order…of these columns by simply dragging them.…If you do want to change the order,…
David Powers begins with find and replace, showing how to work with the streamlined Find and Replace bar, which now works only within the current document and is designed for quick find and replace operations. He also shows how to use find and replace in multiple documents, including advanced operations on a specific tag, as well as finding and selecting multiple elements in Code view. Next, he covers PHP support, explaining that Dreamweaver now supports PHP 7.1, and showing how to set the default version of PHP in Preferences, as well as how to set the version of PHP for an individual site. He wraps up by discussing a few smaller enhancements.
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel