Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Change the interface preferences, part of Dreamweaver CC 2017: New Features.
- [Instructor] The default user interface…in this version of Dreamweaver is dark gray,…bringing it into line…with other Creative Cloud applications.…After working with it for several months,…I've come to like it,…but it's not to everyone's taste.…Let's take a look at how you can change it,…as well as adjusting some other Preferences.…To make the changes easier to judge,…it's best to have a web page open.…I'm currently in the Start Screen,…so I'm going to use one of these Starter Templates,…it doesn't matter which one,…and we don't need to save the file.…
The file is opened in Split View,…so you can see that Code View also uses a Dark Theme.…If you chose one of the Light Themes in the initial set up,…Code View should have a light background.…To change the interface,…we need to open the Preferences Panel.…In Windows, it's at the bottom of the Edit Menu,…and on a Mac, it's on the Dreamweaver Menu.…It's opened on the General Category,…and the very first option at the top is Show Start Screen.…If you want to disable the new Start Screen,…
Stay tuned for new tutorials and Dreamweaver tips. We'll update the course every time Adobe releases changes in 2017.
- Exploring the Start screen and reorganized workspaces
- Working with the improved Code View
- Getting real-time previews of your designs
- Styling content with SCSS and Bourbon