Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video CSS Grid support, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] CSS Grid Layout…is making radical changes to way we design webpages.…As this chart on caniuse.com shows,…it's already supported by all the main browsers.…At the time of recording, nearly 85% of them.…And Dreamweaver CC 2019 has joined the party.…I'm not going to teach you the ins and outs…of CSS Grid Layout.…Morten Rand-Hendriksen does a great job…in his course CSS: Advanced Layouts with Grid…that you can find in the online library.…
But let's see how you can use CSS Grid Layout…in Dreamweaver CC 2019.…The exercise file for this video…contains a page with some dummy content…and as you can see in the down panel,…it contains a Level 1 heading, menu,…main element, three articles, and a footer.…I've already added some styles to the page…so that each section has a background color…to help identify it.…To use a grid, you need to wrap the elements…you want to lay out inside a parent container.…
I don't want the Level 1 heading inside my grid,…but I do want everything else,…so select all of them, then Wrap Tag,…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.
Q: This course was updated on 12/20/2018. What changed?
Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaverwith Sue Jenkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Code View Improvements
2. Real-Time Preview
3. CSS Preprocessor Integration
4. Find and Replace
5. PHP Support
PHP code hints5m 59s
6. Other Changes
Dreamweaver CC 2018 MAX Release
Overview of new features2m 43s
8. Bootstrap 4 Integration
9. Dreamweaver CC 2019 MAX Release
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.