Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Building smartphone layouts, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…So far in this chapter, we've set up the…necessary infrastructure for handling a key component of a…responsive website, media queries, and retrofitted our desktop design…to look better on a tablet in portrait orientation.…Along the way, we also made video sizing responsive.…In this lesson, we'll set up the rules for a…more radical redesign to fit the smaller screen size for phones.…To get a sense of what we're going for, let's take a look at the blog comp in a…phone size screen. When you click the Tablet Screen Size…icon which is found in the middle on the lower right here, it sets the width at the…one I'm looking for, 768, so it's great for viewing directly.…
However, the phone screen size works with slightly larger size, 480 by 800.…I'd really rather cover the widest range of smart phone screens.…So I'm going to go for a slightly smaller size, 320 by…480, and you can access that from the Window Sizing list here.…Now when I go to that size, you can…see that the header area is just completely reshaped.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.