Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Build and style pages, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] With our homepage design complete…it's now time to generate the rest of our site's pages…one page at a time…using information provided on the Topsy Turvy…Site Content file in the Exercises folder.…As we build each page we'll also create any needed CSS…to style and position all the text and graphics.…All the images you'll need for each page…will be provided in the lesson.html images folder.…To begin we'll have the index.html file…open in the document window,…then we'll save this file as about.html.…
Choose File, Save As,…and in the File name field type in about,…then click Save.…Now let's remove some of the content on this page…to make room for new content.…Using the DOM panel we'll first delete the carousel,…so we'll scroll down a little bit, click on its edge,…and we actually want the container.fluid…that's carrying all the content within the carousel.…So we'll select that and click Delete on our keyboard.…Next we'll skip past row1,…and select all the contents of row2.…
That's everything nested in between…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.