Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Backing up and restoring the database, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8 Essential Training.
…Backing up and restoring your database fall into…the fact of life category for web professional chores.…In this lesson, I'm going to walk you through, how to…export your WordPress database completely and then move it to another location.…I'll also discuss how you can restore the same data.…So I've been using MAMP, so let me bring that up.…And I'll go to my Start Page,…which gives me access to my installation of phpMyAdmin, so I'll go to that.…
And there you see over on the left the various databases that I've created.…The one we're interested in is Roux Blog…that we've been working with throughout the course.…And when it firsts open up, you'll see a list of all…the tables and you can go to certain ones like the post database.…You'll recall that when we…first installed WordPress, we changed the prefix…from WP to PW as a security measure.…And so that's why we have PWs everywhere instead of WPs.…But I've gone into PW post and here you can see all the data…and you can browse through it however you like, just to verify it's all there.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Author update on April 4, 2014:
WordPress 3.8.2 is now available from wordpress.org. The update focuses on security issues and should not impact this course in any way. A much bigger release, 3.9, is currently a release candidate and will likely go live later in April. I'm currently evaluating what impact v3.9 will have on this course.
Building Themes with Dreamweaver and WordPresswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.