Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying a link to selected text in Live View, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Voiceover] If you're a fan of the property inspector,…there's a small but significant change to the way…you can apply a link to selected text in live view.…The property inspector isn't displayed by default…in either the standard or the developer workspace…in Dreamweaver CC 2017.1.…So to restore it, you need to go to the window menu…and select properties.…There's also the keyboard shortcut:…control F3 on Windows, command F3 on a Mac.…Initially, it's launched as a floating panel…but you can dock it at the bottom of the document window…by dragging the bar at the top.…
Go all the way down, need to go down…below the bottom of the screen.…And then when you see that blue horizontal bar,…release the mouse button and it snaps into position.…So let's find some text to turn into a link in live view.…I want to change Rooftop Cafe into a link,…so just drag across there to select it in live view,…and I can now type directly into the link field…in the property inspector, or I can use…point to file or browse for file.…
Let's use point to file.…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.