Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying a link to selected text in Live View, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] If you're a fan of the Property Inspector,…there's a small but significant change…to the way you can apply a link…to selected text in Live View.…The Property Inspector isn't displayed by default…in either the Standard or the Developer workspace…in Dreamweaver CC 2017.1, so to restore it…you need to go to the Window menu and select Properties,…with also the keyboard shortcut Control+F3 on Windows,…Command+F3 on a Mac.…Initially, it's launched as a floating panel,…but you can dock it at the bottom of the Document window…by dragging the bar at the top.…
Go all the way down, you need to go…down below the bottom of the screen,…and then when you see that blue horizontal bar,…release the mouse button and it snaps into position.…So let's find some text to turn into a link in Live View.…I want to change "rooftop cafe" into a link,…so just drag across there to select it in Live View…and I can now type directly into the Link field…in the Property Inspector, or I can use Point to File…or Browse for File.…
Let's use Point to File, put a link to dining.html,…
David Powers begins with find and replace, showing how to work with the streamlined Find and Replace bar, which now works only within the current document and is designed for quick find and replace operations. He also shows how to use find and replace in multiple documents, including advanced operations on a specific tag, as well as finding and selecting multiple elements in Code view. Next, he covers PHP support, explaining that Dreamweaver now supports PHP 7.1, and showing how to set the default version of PHP in Preferences, as well as how to set the version of PHP for an individual site. He wraps up by discussing a few smaller enhancements.
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel