Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying color to type, part of Typography with CSS in Dreamweaver.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Dreamweaver makes it dirt simple to change the color of any text via CSS.…You can choose from the basic palette of the color picker or extended system…colors, or enter a color value directly, or my favorite, sample from any design…element on your screen.…So I have here open the index.htm file found in the Chapter 4 > 04_02 folder.…A common application of color is bringing a design or comp to the Web accurately.…Let's walk through an example with the <em > tag found on this page in this area here.…
So I'm going to put my cursor in the < em> tag and then create a new rule and…let's limit it to just the tag and keep it stored in main.css. I'll click OK.…So now I'm ready to enter in my color value, but I don't have it on the screen;…I have it in a comp.…So I'm going to switch over to my graphics program, Fireworks, where I have my…comp design and if I go in and select some of this purple text here, down in the…Property Inspector, I'll see that color up here, and if I expand the Color…Picker, I can see the hex value, which I can then click into and copy, using a…
- Modifying type in the CSS Styles panel
- Understanding the different type measurement unit options
- Allowing users to set page type size
- Employing web-safe fonts
- Exploring CSS 3 typeface options
- Setting up @font-face
- Applying color and transparency to type
- Styling the font weight, case, and letter spacing
- Inserting drop caps
- Rotating text with CSS transform
- Laying out text in multiple columns
- Incorporating ordered and unordered lists
- Targeting lists items with the nth-child selector
Skill Level Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Doyald Young, Logotype Designerwith Doyald Young1h 41m Appropriate for all
1. Modifying Type in Dreamweaver
2. Establishing the Proper Type Unit
Working with pixels2m 34s
3. Choosing Site Typefaces
4. Integrating Color
Applying color to type4m 52s
5. Selecting Type Styles
6. Using Advanced CSS Text Effects
7. Structuring CSS Text
8. Defining Lists with HTML and CSS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.