Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced find and replace in a specific tag, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] One of the most powerful aspects…of Dreamweaver's Find and Replace panel…is the ability to update a specific tag.…Let's say, for example,…you've just completed building a website…and you realize you've forgot to add…the Viewport meta tag to every page.…The Advanced tab of the Find and Replace panel…makes fixing this a breeze.…To launch the Find and Replace panel,…go to the Find menu and select Find and Replace in Files,…or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+F…on Windows, Command+Shift+F on a Mac.…
That opens the Find and Replace panel.…It remembers the previous search that you did.…We don't want the Basic tab this time,…it's the Advanced tab that we want,…and if you used the previous version of Dreamweaver,…you'll recognize this as the specific tag search option,…and it works exactly the same as before.…I'm going to search the Entire Current Local Site,…and we need to select the tags that we want to search for.…The meta tag for the Viewport is in the head,…so we need to look for the head.…
We can either use the drop down menu…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.
Q: This course was updated on 12/20/2018. What changed?
Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaverwith Sue Jenkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Code View Improvements
2. Real-Time Preview
3. CSS Preprocessor Integration
4. Find and Replace
5. PHP Support
PHP code hints5m 59s
6. Other Changes
Dreamweaver CC 2018 MAX Release
Overview of new features2m 43s
8. Bootstrap 4 Integration
9. Dreamweaver CC 2019 MAX Release
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.