Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced find and replace in a specific tag, part of Dreamweaver CC 2017: New Features.
- [Instructor] One of the most powerful aspects…of Dreamweaver's Find and Replace panel is the ability…to update a specific tag.…Let's say, for example,…you've just completed building a website…and you realize you forgot…to add the viewport meta tag to every page.…The advance tab of the Find…and Replace panel makes fixing this a breeze.…To launch the Find and Replace panel,…go to the Find menu, and select Find and Replace…in Files, or use the keyboard shortcut Control, Shift, F,…on Windows, Command, Shift, F on a Mac.…
That opens the Find and Replace panel.…It remembers the previous search that you did.…We don't want the Basic tab this time,…it's the Advanced tab that we want.…And if you used the previous version of Dreamweaver,…you'll recognize this as the specific tag search option…and it's works exactly the same as before.…I'm going to search the Entire Current Local Site,…and we need to select the tag that we want to search for.…The meta tag for the viewport is in the head,…so we need to look for the head.…
David Powers begins with find and replace, showing how to work with the streamlined Find and Replace bar, which now works only within the current document and is designed for quick find and replace operations. He also shows how to use find and replace in multiple documents, including advanced operations on a specific tag, as well as finding and selecting multiple elements in Code view. Next, he covers PHP support, explaining that Dreamweaver now supports PHP 7.1, and showing how to set the default version of PHP in Preferences, as well as how to set the version of PHP for an individual site. He wraps up by discussing a few smaller enhancements.
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel