Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjust fonts, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] Now it's time to adjust the fonts.…On the mood board it was already decided to…use one websafe, and one web hosted font.…To use a webhosted font in your layout,…you'll need to download a copy of the font,…and install it on your computer, before the…font name appears in Photoshop's type menu.…I've already done that here, for the Google…font called Open Sans.…To convert multiple layers in the mock-up…to open sans all at once,…begin by opening up your character panel,…and then you'll select all of the layers…you want to convert in your layers panel.…
Let me grab all these text layers here...…Then on the Character panel I can type in…Open Sans,…choose regular, set the font size to 18,…and the color to white.…Now we can begin to make some fine tuned…adjustments to the layout.…For instance, for the navigation bar text,…we can change that to open sans bold.…And I'll type in a light grey,…look for the hexidecimal value at cccccc,…and then I'll zoom in so that we can remove…those little pipe characters between the words.…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.