Join Paul Trani for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding social media, part of Dreamweaver CC 2015: Creating a First Website.
- Social media widgets can really add a lot to your site.…And, again, if you're making a portfolio site like I am,…you really want to include all of your information,…even if it is elsewhere.…Say, for instance, if you have YouTube videos,…I encourage you to follow me on YouTube, Paul Trani.…But really, the short of it is,…is just finding the embed code…for whatever social media service you're using.…So, just copying and pasting that embed code.…Now, as for Twitter, again,…I encourage you to follow me @paultrani…but the short of it is, again, going into settings here…and Twitter's actually pretty unique…in that you get to customize your embed codes.…
So go into widgets. What you need to do is create a new one.…So you start to get to customize your content.…Username, of course, is paultrani…and I want to define the height which is about 250 pixels.…It'll be the same height as that…content area I'm dealing with.…Link color, you can customize that to fit your site.…I'm gonna go with an orange, and really,…that's all I need to do. You get a preview right here.…
Over the course of the training, you'll learn about building basic webpages; adding text, links, images, and navigation; and making your layout "flexible" on mobile devices. Each step provides another lesson on HTML and CSS, the building blocks of the web. Along the way, Paul shows how to add bonus features, such as animation from Edge Animate, a Twitter feed, and an interactive contact form.
- Planning a website
- Creating your first webpage
- Adding HTML5 content
- Styling content and the layout with CSS
- Adding images
- Creating navigation
- Building alternate layouts for tablets and mobile devices
- Adding animation and video
- Creating a contact form
- Uploading and testing the website
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Website Design
2. Creating a Webpage
3. Stylizing Content
4. Adding Navigation and Pages
5. Creating a Flexible Layout
6. Adding Media
7. Creating a Contact Form
8. Testing and Uploading
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.